I really cannot believe it out here. So i live in Dillon, CO and I am currently at an elevation of 9100'. My morning was filled with getting all my stuff off the trailer along with catching up on work. Finally the afternoon, took the rest of the day off to go exploring. Barry and I checked out Dillon, Silverthorne and Keystone. Just amazing...a drive to get gas is a vacation almost. I'm sure this feeling will wear off though. We stopped at Lake Dillon just a few miles from my house and I snapped this pic
We shot over to Vail for the Teva Mountain Games. Pretty interesting stuff I was introduced to the sports of Slackline Competitions and Kayak Freestyle. I cannot even begin to describe them but Slackline involves something like a wider version of a rope stretched out about two feet above the ground and it bounces. You walk along it like a tightrope and then start jumping on it like a rubber band doing tricks. Pretty crazy... The freestyle kayak was getting caught in a whitewater basically and then doing tricks...here is a pic
After that, went back to continue unpacking and finished the night with pitchers of beer and Mexican at a local spot right on the mountain.
Tomorrow the only thing for sure we know we are doing is going to a concert at Red Rocks. I have no clue who the band is but they are called Bassnectar. Until the, miss y'all and talk to you soon!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment