Friday, June 1, 2012

Arrival in Colorado

Made it and let me tell you it was not without some drama.  First, before I get going, I need to thank a few people for some road supplies

1)  My grandmother for the bags of Twizzlers to snack on
2)  Christin Pulver for the best road trip mix ever...love it
3)  William Taylor for the Comedy Gold...got me through Kentucky and Illinois
4)  My mom for the gas card...trailers make your miles per gallon go to .....
5)  My sister for the food when we got to Ft. Leavenworth...thank you!!!

Ok, now onto the trip.  Kansas is a horribly boring state but when your trailer weighs more than your car and you feel like you are going to tip over at any moment boring is somewhat relaxing.  Anyway we looked at this for most of the trip


So our drive took about 13 hours to get from Kansas to my place...total 600+ miles but let me tell you, boring KS was replaced immediately upon entering the rockies.  I learned two things...one...a 6% grade is nothing to mess with and two...having a 6000 pound trailer push you down a mountain you are not suppose to go over 40 miles an hour will scare the crap out of you.  I honestly thought my brakes were going to look fire red and I would need to use one of those emergency truck runaway areas.  BUUUUUTTTTT we made it and relaxed with a few local beers and went to bed.  

Oh...when I say we, an HUGE THANK YOU to Barry Prendergast for accommodating me on the 29 hour drive.  Although it really didn't seem that long!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment