Thursday, November 1, 2012

A few random tidbits


  1. Georgia beat Florida GO DAWGS!!!!!
  2. I have logged ten days of skiing so far and it is Nov. 1  Granted some of those days are running up to Abay on my lunch break for a few runs but still.
  3. Frisco is a great place to watch Halloween.  They shut down the entire city and all the businesses hand out candy.  The bars and restaurants have bands and drink specials.  A common one is hot red wine which I was introduced to in France a few Thanksgivings ago and have not seen it anywhere since.  Anyway, it was a pretty fun scene for both parents, kids and everyone else.
  4. I now understand why October is mud month.  
  5. I cannot thank enough everyone who came to visit me this summer on my move out here.  Barry Prendergast, Jason Deloney, Christine Kevin and Ava, Stephanie and Bryce, Jessica Pacman and Tracey Smith, Nikki Fielding, Dan Campbell, Jennifer Evans, my Uncle John Ron and Gus, Mom and Dad, Shane Purcel.  Man would have been lonely if I had time to be alone:)  Thank you all!
  6. I now know what a Groomer, Avy, Bluebird, Heli, Cornice, Face, Pitch, 14er, Hut Trip, Wall, Ride, The White Ribbon of Death and many more interesting terms are
  7. It takes 6 months to adjust to altitude fully in my opinion
  8. There is no good pizza and wings anywhere in Summit County
  9. Opening day for A-Basin might be one of the most fun experiences of a lifetime.  
  10. Do not buy skis less than 90 underfoot
  11. The Walking Dead is a fantastic show
  12. You cannot help but be in bed by 9 pm and up at 6 am when you live out here
  13. Houdini and the local water do not agree
  14. Seriously...you can run into a bear, moose, fox, mountain goat, big horn sheep anywhere, anytime...PS...Moose are mean as hell
  15. You can/will go broke buying all the crap you need to live out here
  16. Down rules
  17. Not everyone out here is a diehard skier/rider
  18. The summers out here are something beyond description
  19. Aspen looks down on Vail, Vail looks down on Breck, Breck looks down on Copper, Copper looks down on Keystone, Keystone looks down on A-Basin
  20. People cannot comprehend someone with two bedrooms in their place and no roommates
  21. I may or may not need a 4 wheel drive car...TBD but the one time we had issues, I did have my car sideways...although I still say 4 wheel drive has no control on ice regardless
  22. Going anywhere is a bit of an ordeal
  23. The proper way to layer is Patagonia capilene base layer, Patagonia down sweater, Patagonia hard shell...wait, just wear Patagonia
  24. You really have a hard time finding people who can get into college football...however...no one judges when you order a beer at 8 am so I guess were all good.
  25. Peyton Manning is the savior of Denver, Colorado
Ok, that's it.  Stay tuned...ski season is upon us here shortly and in a few weeks the visitors start again.

Miss everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment