Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Stephanie and Bryce come to Colorado

I know it has been a while so I have a lot to catch up on.  This first post is from my little sister's visit out here September 21 - 24.  She and her boyfriend Bryce decided to come visit Colorado for the weekend and I was so excited for two reasons...first I was excited to see little Stephanie and second, I had a chance to meet her new boyfriend.  For all those wondering, he is a great guy and really enjoyed the visit!  Ok, now onto the trip...the weekend started with their arrival Friday night and a trip to Breckenridge for a tour of the town and dinner at The Warming Hut.  It was a pretty low key night for them...ten hours of driving will do that but here we are enjoying ourselves at dinner.


After a good nights rest, we woke up Saturday with a nice hike planned.  The goal was Willow Lake Falls, which first took us through the Mesa Cortina Trail and then the Gore Trail.  The weather could not have been better and with the leaves changing colors, Stephanie and Bryce were treated to some of the most amazing views a fall can deliver.  Here's a few pics for you of the trail




Now a quick mad dash home to watch some college football.  You see, not only is Bryce a great guy, he is also a newly acquired fan of the SEC via Mizzou and we both had one thing in common that day...watching the Tigers beat South Carolina and the Evil Genius.  Unfortunately it was not in the cards for Missouri so we decided beers in Vail would make things better.  A quick drive, we did a lap around Vail Village and Lionshead Village to only return to my favorite bar there, The Red Lion.  Now, as I was the drive, I was on my best behavior but I may have had a small influence on Stephanie and encouraged one or two beers:)  We had a blast though...and a quite ride home (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) for our biking trip the next day.


Sunday awoke with some Advil and a trip to Frisco so Stephanie and Bryce could pick up their bikes.  Our trip was going to take us 8.5 miles from Frisco up to Copper Mountain for lunch and some NFL football.  The ride was absolutely amazing and we stopped for a quick pic...


The trip then took us back over to Breckenridge where Stephanie and Bryce could do some shopping (I think Bryce bought every shirt in town:) and some Mexican at Rita's.  After a long day, the crew was beat and we finished the night at my house with a movie and pizza.

Thank you so much Stephanie and Bryce for making the long drive out to visit me!  It was so great to see you and I cannot wait for our winter ski trip.  Keep in touch and love ya booger butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment