It has been absolutely crazy busy here. Last time I posted, my Uncle John was out visiting and the day he left I had another visitor join me. Jason Deloney "Delo" was driving across the country checking out the nation on his way up to Seattle. Once there he was catching a flight to Alaska.
It was great seeing Delo...gave him a quick tour of Summit County and sent him off on his merry way.
Literally, the day he left, Christine, Kevin and Ava decided to visit. It was great to see them. I cannot believe how big Ava has become. We had a great visit. First, they also received the Summit County tour (for those visiting, I have it down to an hour). On Friday we hiked Tenderfoot Mountain just behind my house. It is a nice climb up to 9800' with 520' elevation gain. Here's a nice view of Lake Dillon from there along with Christine, Kevin and Ava
Later on that day we went to the top of Keystone Mountain at 11,700 feet to the Summit House. On Fridays they have free Gondola rides to the top and play live music. Great place to hang out and have a beer. I correlated this to Jessica as the equivalent of arriving in Hawaii and going to a luau.
On Saturday we went to Vail Village for a tour around there and another Gondola ride to the top of Vail. The weather wasn't too bad, but was pretty windy and overcast; however, they did like walking around the village and checking out the place. We had a pretty relaxing rest of the day and Christine, Kevin and Ava left Sunday. It was so great to see them...Ava is growing up so fast, I cannot believe it. I was so thankful they made the 9+ hour drive to come see me. Here is a parting shot of Ava...I call this one "Who me???? I would never throw puffs on the floor in a restaurant!"

No comments:
Post a Comment