We took off and this time, I booked Nova Guides out on the back side of Vail. Freaking awesome, except my machine would cut off if I did not keep giving it gas (making for some interesting moments). It also backfired every time. So....from my experience, I recommend backcountry outfitters for all your ATV needs.
Regardless of the machine issues, the riding was freaking awesome. We headed up Ptarmigan Pass for our first views of the back bowls of Vail. Few pics for you...
We continued for the next three hours cursing all over the backcountry and eventually came to this sign, which we quickly heeded and turned around
Got the standard ATV pose pic of Dan and one more of a great view of the range before leaving
Now, after a hard morning of riding the ATVs Dan was stoked about heading up to Keystone Mountain Summit House for a beer. Typically I take everyone there Friday afternoon upon arrival but he arrived a little too late so this was the first opportunity we had. Gave him the standard tour and the bartender opened the top deck up for us to hang out at. What a great view...
At the base of Keystone, River Run Rocks was going on and we had plans to meet a new friend Carlie. Carlie is an LSU grad and civil engineer living up here so we all had plenty to talk about with college football so close. Few more drinks on the patio at Wolf Rocks and a live band made the afternoon awesome. We wrapped up there and headed over to The Warming Hut in Breckendridge for dinner. After a wild night of fun in Breck, Dan had an early flight and we parted ways Sunday morning. Between Breck and Chicago, I'm not sure Dan and I can travel together. But if we do happen to come on a trip with us, I promise it will be one of the most fun and entertaining trips you have ever been on.
No comments:
Post a Comment